• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flickr
  • YouTube
Toggle Menu

Welcome to Laura's Personal Page

Jenny
Jenny

Donate to Laura!
Jenny's Team
Achievements
TeamRaiser Achievement Badge
$500 Milestone
Raised $500

Ms. Laura Tarbert

129 percent of goal achieved.

Goal: $700.00
Achieved: $904.94

Make a gift!

My sister, Jenny, lost her battle with breast cancer in 2007 at the age of 54.  We will walk in her memory to raise funds so that our future generations won't have to worry about this disease. 

In June of this year I will celebrate 27 years as a breast cancer survivor.  After being diagnosed with Stage III cancer I participated in a Chemotherapy Clinical Trial which I believe saved my life.  Research and Education are key to better treatment, finding a cure and SAVING LIVES!  75% of the funds raised from the Race will stay in Ohio to support education, screening and treatment initiatives and the remaining 25% will fund national research. 

Help us make a difference!

What am I doing?
I'm walking to support the Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure because I want to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer. Please help me reach my fundraising goal by making a tax-deductible donation today. 

You may donate online with your credit card by clicking the "Donate to me" button on the right-side of this page. Your support helps us get another step closer to a world without breast cancer.

Your breast health?
The greatest risk factors for breast cancer are being female and growing older. Breast cancer knows no boundary, be it age, gender, socio-economic status or geographic location. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. That's one in eight within your company, school and organization!

The key to survival is early detection. Three simple steps for early detection are regular mammograms, clinical exams and breast self-exams. And, remember, breast cancer affects more than just the patient; friends and family need support too.

What does Komen do?

For more than 25 years, Komen for the Cure has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer ? transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease, and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors.

Over the next 25 years, an estimated 25 million women around the world will be diagnosed with breast cancer if we don't find a cure.  Komen will not stop until we discover and deliver the cures. That's our promise.

We Will Find the Cure!

Share EmailFacebookLinkedInMySpaceTwitter
Share on Facebook
Cancel
Share on MySpace
Cancel
Share on Twitter
A short URL will be added to the end of your Tweet.

Cancel
Share on LinkedIn
Cancel
 

To print out a donation form, click here.

PDFs for download

What is Breast Cancer?
Breast Cancer Risk Factors
Breast Cancer Detection
Talking to your Doctor

If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.